Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What a Find!

Gosh, and I thought I was being so smart. Finding an item on Craigslist, doesn't come along everyday. I saw a kitchen cabinet (a stand alone kind that you can store dishes, or cutsy little craft things, or  pictures, or whatever. It was a very light yellow, and I thought it would fit perfectly in my kitchen, and plus Bill's not here this week, so I could buy it and more than likely it would take him while before he even noticed it :)
So here's how it went down. It was in Washington Fields (don't ask me where that is, I've been there, but only with a very skilled driver, who doesn't have to look down at the GPS system, every 2.5 seconds, with the car in back honking his horn). Oh yeah, I almost got hit (my fault), stopping abruptly when you know you missed your turn, kind of makes the driver behind you a bit mad.
I had to call Jamie (that's the owner of the kitchen cabinet, kind of felt we were best buddies after all the calls and texts), to make sure I was anywhere near her house, and to my amazement, she didn't have a clue where I was, nor how to get me to her house. You think she'd recognize the horses and cows I described, but no, she was worse than I was, and she lived there!
I finally found her place and found, to my amazement, that the item she advertized was much smaller than I wanted or needed.  Getting measurements is a must before you head out into the sticks looking for your prize Craigslist item.
Oh well, I made it home (as Logan said, "just head West, Nancy").  And I did hear some laughter in the background. Grrr.
Here's the kitchen Cabinet I didn't purchase:

Cute, huh?

No comments: